General terms and conditions
1. Unless we impose a particular age limit for a competition, they are open to all persons aged 18 and over who are resident in the UK at the date of their entry.
2. Where competitions are open to children (aged 15 or younger) and/or young persons (aged 16 or 17), the age requirements will be publicised to entrants in the applicable Specific Terms.
3. Certain competitions may have additional eligibility requirements such as valid passports, visas, driving licences, good physical health etc. All eligibility requirements will be detailed in the applicable Specific Terms
4. Whether any eligibility requirement has or has not been met is always at our sole discretion and we may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
5. We reserve the right (when reasonably required to do so) to replace the stated prizes with prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered.
6. If a prize requires collection in person, the winner must ensure they are able to do so. Inability to collect will result in forfeiture of the prize.
6. When posted, prizes will be despatched to the winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed, or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details will be set out in the Specific Terms and/or given to winners when they are notified that they’ve won.
7. Prizes will only be delivered to an address within the UK. Should a prize winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact person(s) detailed in the competition’s Specific Terms.
8. All prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable. Where prizes consist of entry tickets, attendance at events, holidays and similar time-specific benefits, they must be taken on the dates specified by us (or any relevant third party provider). Prize winners will forfeit any element of their prize that they do not take at the time stipulated in the Specific Terms. No cash will be awarded in lieu of that prize or any part of it.
9. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue for an event are not included and any accommodation prize includes basic room charge only.
10. Where the prize for any of our competitions involve the winner’s attendance at (or tickets to) an event, the prize winner acknowledges that we are not liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
11. Entrants can enter competitions once only and must use their own name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names or makes multiple entries and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
12. Ashbury Publications Ltd employees and their immediate families may not enter any competition.
13. Details of all entrants may be passed onto the third party suppliers of each competition for marketing purposes. If you do not wish for your details to be passed on, you must make this clear on your entry.
14. Winners may be required to take part in publicity, including the publication of name and home town as well as photo in J’AIME and online at http://www.jaimemagazine.com. Refusal to do so may result in the forfeiture of the prize.
15. Third party suppliers of prizes may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all prize winners agree to be bound by these.